When you give, you enrich the lives of our community.
Consider giving to Hospice & Palliative Care Buffalo
Your donations directly help us carry out our mission to provide education, comfort-focused medical care, and social, emotional and spiritual support for our patients and their families. We thank you for your support and generosity. Please find the information below to make a tax-deductible donation right now to our organization.
To make a gift by mail, send your check made out to:
Hospice Foundation, P.O Box 590, Buffalo, NY 14240-0590.
To make a gift by phone please call 716-686-8090.
Become a member of the Klosterman Society and join a group of distinguished and generous donors who make annual donations that total $1,000 or more. Our Klosterman Society members are recognized as philanthropic leaders and are invited to exclusive VIP donor events and activities.
"I will forever be grateful for the care Pauline received. I believe strongly in the work and mission of Hospice and I am proud to be associated with the organization." - Jack Klosterman
Join The Dove Alliance. It’s easy to make your gift to the Hospice Foundation in regular monthly installments from a credit card, debit card, or checking or savings account. Monthly contributions provide Hospice & Palliative Care Buffalo a steady, ongoing source of funding through a “greener” alternative.
As of 9/22/22, the requirement to provide an electronic receipt after each billing will now only apply to merchants that are identified for at least four months in the Acquirer Chargeback Monitoring Program (ACMP). In addition, all requirements will now only apply to non-profit and charity merchants that are identified for at least four months in the ACMP. Already part of the Dove Alliance and want to adjust or stop payment? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
It’s possible to double or even triple your donation to the Hospice Foundation with a matching gift. Many employers recognize the value of donations to nonprofit agencies and offer matching-gift programs to maximize the impact of your generosity. Check with your employer to see if they participate in a matching gift program.
Designate Your Gift
You can choose to designate your gift to a particular fund or program that is most meaningful to you.
Quality patient care is always our top priority. We will use your gift to directly support patient care and innovative programs and services that enhance the quality of life of our patients, families and caregivers.
Essential Care for Children provides comprehensive, home-based palliative care to medically complex children, helping to minimize hospitals stays and emergency room visits.We help families navigate medical services, as well as provide psychosocial, emotional and spiritual support for their children, from infants to adolescents.
The Angel Fund was created to directly address the needs of our less fortunate patients and families. Donating to this fund will provide support for families in need and includes funding for life’s essentials such as food, clothing, supplies, assistance with utility payments and other basic needs.
In addition, Angel Funds are also utilized to make our patients’ days a little brighter with extras like birthday celebrations, memory-making experiences and holiday meals.
Learn more here.
Grief does not need to be carried alone. While grief is a natural and normal response after a death or significant loss, it may not feel accepted by the world at large. The Wilson Support Center is a place to find refuge and guidance, and provides individually customized support by licensed counselors as we recognize everyone copes with grief differently. Anyone is eligible to call and receive support.
This fund was created by family and friends of Dr. Robert Milch to support the education and research mission of Hospice & Palliative Care Buffalo. This fund honors Dr Milch as a pioneer in end-of-life care and his family’s legacy of advocacy, volunteerism, and education. Click here to learn more.
In honor of Lucas, his many accomplishments in his 30 years of life, and for the gratitude his family has for the love shown to Lucas while in our Hospice program, an endowment has been created to support military service members, veterans, and their families. Please visit our website to learn more about the ways you can support our efforts, including donating to The Lucas Purser Endowment Fund. Click here to learn more
With your donation to Charity Care you can help offset the burden of medical expenses incurred by families in financial need. Hospice is a Medicare benefit, however, some of our patients do not qualify for this benefit and are either uninsured or under insured. Our team makes every effort to qualify them for Medicaid reimbursement, but many times they pass away before the paperwork has been qualified and the family is left with unmanageable bills.
Our credentialed music, art and massage therapists play an integral role in enhancing the quality of life for patients and families in Hospice & Palliative Care Buffalo, as well as for children in the Essential Care program. Various therapeutic interventions are offered to provide a creative outlet for self-expression, help patients and families manage pain and other symptoms, decrease loneliness and isolation, encourage movement and active engagement, and facilitate reminiscence of pleasant memories.
The Hospice & Palliative Care Buffalo research team was established to better understand – and educate – professionals and communities about the effects of palliative and hospice care. Ongoing projects range from person-centered studies to programmatic studies, which both directly translate into better hospice care and tangible quality-of-life improvements for our patients. Your gifts help us further this research and our understanding around end-of-life experiences.
Making a donation to the Giggle Fund will brighten the days of patients in the Essential Care for Children program by covering the costs of celebratory events, entertainment and other activities that help bring them laughter and joy.
Regular maintenance and improvements to the Hospice Mitchell Campus, other Hospice properties and equipment are important in sustaining the valuable service provided to our patients during their difficult journey. Your contributions help keep our environment beautiful and sustainable.
Contributing to this fund provides for the beautification of the Milch-Mitchell Campus. The Green Fund keeps our campus blooming and beautiful. The majestic surroundings bring comfort and peace to our patients and their families.
Last modified: 7/21/22
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access and/or use any of the Company’s websites or downloadable mobile applications, including, without limitation, https://www.hospicebuffalo.com, or access services offered through the Company’s websites (collectively, the “Websites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing such information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
● On the Websites.
● In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Websites.
● When you donate or sign up for events through the Websites.
It does not apply to information collected by:
● Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
● Any third party, including, without limitation, through any payment processing application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Websites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Websites or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at: info@email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
● By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
● That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as home address;
● Credit card or other payment information; and/or
● About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
● Directly from you when you provide it to us.
● Automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and web beacons.
● From third parties, for example, our payment processors or business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
● Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of making donations, signing up for events, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites.
● Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
● Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
● Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and other services offered through the Websites.
● Your search queries on the Websites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
● Details of your visits to our Websites, including communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
● Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please contact us for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Websites and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically does include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
● Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
● Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
● Speed up your searches.
● Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
● Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
● Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
● To present our Websites and contents to you.
● To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
● To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
● To notify you about changes to our Websites or any services we offer or provide though our Websites.
● To allow you to participate in interactive features and services offered through the Websites.
● In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
● For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
● To contractors, service providers, payment processors, and other third parties we use to support our business.
● To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
● For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
● With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
● To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
● Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements about future events or donation opportunities, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to info@firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to info@email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at info@firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please contact us by sending an email to info@email@example.com. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to info@firstname.lastname@example.org.
European Union Data Subjects Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
European Union data subjects have legal rights under the GDPR in relation to your personal information. To learn more about each right you may have or to exercise any of your rights please contact us by sending an email to info@email@example.com.
You may request that we:
● Confirm whether or not we have and are using your personal information.
● Correct any information about you which is incorrect.
● Ask us to restrict our use of your information in certain circumstances
● Stop using your data for direct marketing purposes.
● Erase your information if you think we no longer need to use it for the purpose we collected it from you or if you have either withdrawn your consent to us using your information (if we originally asked for your consent to use your information), or exercised your right to object to further legitimate use of your information, or where we have used it unlawfully or where we are subject to a legal obligation to erase your personal information.
We can continue to use your information following a request for restriction where we have your consent to use it; or we need to use it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or we need to use it to protect the rights of another individual or a company.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. If payment transactions are processed through a third party, we do not and cannot control the security of such third party or its website. Any payment transactions processed directly through our Websites will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page with a notice that the Policy has been updated on the home page of the applicable Website. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the home page of the applicable Website. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Websites and this Policy to check for any changes.
Hospice Foundation of Western New York, Inc. is a qualified 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization, tax ID 22-3137812. All gifts are tax deductible as provided by law. A copy of its financial report is available from the Charities Registry on the New York State Attorney General’s website, or contact the New York State Attorney General, Charities Bureau, 28 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10005, or by calling us at (716) 686-8090.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: info@firstname.lastname@example.org.